Monday, September 24, 2012

Oh Where Oh Where Have I Been????

Good morning followers.  I am so sorry to have neglected my blog but family life has gotten in the way of my crafting.  Now where to begin - well my lovely SIL has been ill recently, but 2 weeks ago we helped her and her hubby to celebrate their Golden Wedding Anniversary.  We all had a fantastic day and one we will not forget in a hurry.  However, only a few days later we received the devastating news that  "Mr Horrid" has come back but unfortunately there is nothing the doctors can do this time other than make her comfortable and keep her as pain free as possible.  As you can imagine we are all very distraught at this news.

That was the 1st thing, next my computer decided to throw a wobble and so no internet access for nearly a week (not on my priority list at the moment though) which of course means no posting on my blog and no showcasing my DT work...well there was none to show - last thing i could be bothered with was crafting!!!

Next - I have been in hospital to have a fractured tooth removed - plain and simple..no not in my case as they had to remove part of my jaw and I have quite bad tissue damage to the inside of my mouth and bottom lip.  The tooth hasn't given me any problems which is more than can be said for my very swollen lip...OUCH!!!



Well this morning (I have had to have a couple of days off to allow the swelling to go down) I decided to get on and complete some orders.  (Mainly wedding)..Well here is the 1st one....

and this one is the thank you card to go with it




My craftroom looks like a bomb has dropped on it so off to tidy up a little before getting on with my DT work..

Enjoy your day, me I shall not be stepping foot out of the door anytime soon as the rain is coming down in torrents and even the dogs won't thank me for taking them out in this!!!


Sylvia xx

5 comments:

  1. What awful news for your SIL and your family. And you with tooth problems besides, my goodness talk about when it rains it pours, no pun on your bad weather intended. Anything you need just ask otherwise I'll just send big {{{HUGS}}} from across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards, I like the embossing and the flowers, Thank you for joining in our 1st challenge at Heck of a challenge, Good Luck, I wish you better.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing and joining in at NMWC. Hupe things get better for you. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, so elegant and pretty. Sorry to hear you and your family are having such a difficult time, I hope things improve for you soon. Thanks for joining us at NMW challenges and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Sylvia it sounds like you have been having a dreadful time! I hope all improves for you and your family soon.
    Your work is beautiful, love the purple with the embossed white, looks very rich indeed, thanks for joining us at Heck of a Challenge for our very first challenge I hope you will join us again soon and good luck
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete