Sunday, August 14, 2011

altered art!!!!!


don't know about altered art but a couple of weeks ago i went out with hubby for a walk and on the way back we called in at Chatsworth and had a delicious cream scone. The jam came in these 2 little pots so i re-cycled them in a different way!!!

I painted the tops with 2 coats of acrylic paint and then found some black peel-offs to decorate the jars. I am shortly going to be changing my craft room to a black and white trendy affair so thought these would be perfect for my charms etc

So next time you have a cream tea (i had one yesterday with my friend Elke but the jam came in paper pots) save the jars for your craft stash..

Enjoy the rest of your day

Sylvia xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sylvia these look great, I saved one from a cream tea I had a few weeks ago and I've put some little beads in it. I was in your area yesterday and called in at one of the craft shops you took me to. We just happened to be driving past and I spotted it so had to go in lol well it would be rude not to lol. I hope you're well take care hugs Maxine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever and creative. Love those jars.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete